Family Counseling in Birmingham
Families come in all different shapes and sizes, but every family meets a variety of stressors as they navigate getting needs met, resolving conflict, and communicating clearly. Families are such an important part of our lives and need unique counseling care. Whatever your family is facing, Insight is here to help.
What is Family Counseling?
Family counseling (also known is "family therapy") is a form of treatment that is designed to improve communication and solve conflicts that are affecting the health and functioning of a family.
Why seek family counseling at Insight
Conflict and unstable dynamics can damage families and create an environment that perpetuates distress. You may have tried to deal with family issues on your own, and felt discouraged. It might be time to talk to a Insight Birmingham Therapist about Family Counseling. Family counseling helps to foster open and honest discussion about issues in a safe environment. Family therapy can help you through a difficult period of time, a major transition, and more. At Insight, issues we can help your family with include but are not limited:
- Family planning
- Parenting skills
- Blended family issues
- Health related problems
- Problems of mental health
- A pattern to be changed
- An issue to be processed (trauma, affairs, emotions, hurt, loss, etc.)
What to expect from Insight family counseling
Our counselors provide a safe, caring and confidential place for families to process and work through issues. Family Therapy is often short term, and can include all family members or just those able to participate. Your specific treatment plan goals will depend on your family’s situation.
Outcomes of Family Therapy:
- Improves understanding of healthy boundaries and family dynamics
- Brings families together after a crisis
- Fosters communication and honesty between family members
- (Re)instills trust in family members
- Develops a supportive family environment
- Reduces sources of tension and stress within the family
- Helps family members forgive each other
- Deepens empathy
- Promotes conflict resolution among family members
How Do I Begin Family Counseling?
When you call Insight, the phone will be answered by a trained intake therapist who will answer any questions you may have about family counseling and help find a therapist who is right for you and your family. We're here to help.